This article describes how to delete temporary files in Windows 8 from your Hard disk. Temporary files are generated by computer itself for different purposes.
Mostly programs that works with big amount of data create temporary files. The bad thing about these files are, that they are not removed on their own the way they were created, which further leads to the poor performance of the computer.
Temporary files must be removed from time to time. This increases the disk space and also improves the performance of the computer. Follow the steps given below to remove the temporary files :
1. Press Windows key + C (or move the cursor to extreme right bottom corner of the screen)to invoke the charm bar.
2. Click on the Search option to open the search field. Now select settings and type ‘Disk cleanup’ (without the quotes).
3. Click on ‘Free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files’.
4. You will see a disk cleanup Window. Choose the drive from which you want to remove the temporary files and click ‘Ok’ button.
5. Disk cleanup will start calculating how much space will be able to free. Wait while it scans.
6. Next, on the disk cleanup window, mark the ‘Temporary files’ and click on ‘Ok’.
7. You should see the warning message saying ‘Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files?’ . Click on ‘Delete files’ option to confirm.
8. Disk cleanup will now starting removing the temporary files from your computer.
That’s it. You’ve successfully removed temporary files from your hard disk.
More From Windows 8
- How to change product key in Windows 8
- How to enable flash on Windows 8 IE
- How to shutdown Windows 8 without the mouse
- How to disable password in Windows 8 after sleep