The article covers the step by step guide to how to reinstall Windows 8 on computer. Here’s how to do it:
You might have face a situation when your computer starts acting abnormal, like restart automatically, hang too much, flash player and application crashes etc. In that case, what will you do ? Install the whole operating system again ? Well, most of the people do the same. This is known as formatting the system. When you format the hard disk, that means you’re removing current OS files completely, to install fresh operating system. Generally, operating system is located on the C drive ( you can always change this according to your need). Let’s have a look at System Requirements for Windows 8:
- Processor: 1GHz or faster.
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit).
- RAM: 1 GB (32-bit) or 2GB (64-bit).
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver.
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch.
1. You must have a working CD/DVD Rom on your Computer.
2. Windows 8 Installation media (Windows 8 CD/DVD)
3. You can also reinstall Windows 8 on your computer via bootable USB with Windows 8.
Here’s how to do it
1. Very first step is to make sure that you have set CD/DVD drive as first boot priority in the BIOS. To do this, Start your computer and keep pressing Delete to enter into BIOS Mode. In the BIOS mode, go to ‘Advance BIOS Features’ and on the First Boot Device option, choose CD ROM and F10 to save.
2. Now insert the Windows 8 installation Disc into the CD/DVD-ROM and restart your computer.
3. Your computer will automatically detect the Windows 8 installation disc. On the very first screen, you will be asked to press any key to enter Windows 8 Setup. Press any key to continue.
4. You should now see a Window like one shown below:
Leave every field as it is, and click on ‘Next’ button.
5. On the Windows Installation screen, click on ‘Install Now’ button.
6. Accept the license terms to continue the installation.
7. On the ‘Which type of installation you want’ Window, click on Custom(advanced) option.
8. On ‘ Where do you want to install’ Window, expand the ‘Drive option’ by clicking on it.
9. Now choose the disk partition on which Windows 8 is already install and click on ‘Format’ button’ to clean everything. Now, wait for partition to format completely.
10. Once the partition is formatted, choose the same partition to install fresh Windows 8.
11. Now just, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the Windows 8 installation.
Your system will reboot couple of times during the installation. Once the installation is complete, you can remove the installation disc. And do not forget to set ‘First boot Device’ as Hard disk from the BIOS menu, so that next time you start your computer, it directly boots the hard disk instead of CD-ROM.
More From Windows 8
- How to reformat Windows 8
- How to disable USB ports in Windows 8
- How to setup multiple monitors in Windows 8
- How to take full ownership of files in Windows 8